FINGER JOINT JIG – BOX MAKER’S STARTER PACK $615 [save $47]
Want to make boxes but don’t where to start? The starter pack has everything the enthusiast needs to cut perfect joints and go on to make beautiful boxes! Along with a finger joint jig this also includes a dovetail jig.
The starter pack contains…
- A Standard Solo jig package, which contains a jig body with one template of your choice, matching cutters, additional accessories as required [for finger joints] and a comprehensive instruction manual. [Retail $345]
- The Ultimate box maker’s cutter kit, which contains five  cutters: a rebate cutter with big bearing, panel raiser, tenon cutter, slot cutters and a spiral cutter. [Retail $233; already discounted by $23, to $210]
- One Bessey Kliklamp. Easy on! Easy off! The only clamps that we use with the Gifkins jig. [$47]
- A pair of clamp holders, designed to hold the Bessey clamp on the jig at a safe distance above the cutter. [$12]
- A demonstration DVD…dovetail or finger joint, with step-by-step instructions on how to set up the jig, cut test joints and so much more! All the information you need to get started. [$25]
The productive area between stops on the block is approximately 300mm. See the specification tab for details of pin sizes and timber thicknesses. Click on the image in the gallery to view a larger image of the templates.
Please note: postage will be added to purchases when we process your order.
THE GIFKINS JIG…
Gifkins Dovetail produces the only Australian made jig for cutting through dovetails and finger joints. It is a beautifully designed tool that delivers precise joints every time. No fiddling! No measuring! No fuss!
Unlike most jigs-no special fittings are required for your router-it works brilliantly with most routers in any table [providing the table is flat]. You supply dressed [DAR], sanded and squared timber, two clamps-and you’re ready to go!
Choose from five templates across three timber thicknesses:
- H10, a small dovetail template that cuts a delicate dovetail joint, using timbers 2mm to 10mm.
- A10, a medium sized dovetail template, and F5, a medium sized finger joint template, that use timber from 5mm to 13mm.
- B10, a large dovetail template, and F15, a large finger joint template, that both use timber from 14mm to 22mm.
- Each template comes with the appropriate cutter/s. The F5 and F15 packages also come with additional accessories to create finger joints.
H10 dovetail template is suitable for small scale work, delicate boxes, insert trays. It suits timber from 2mm to 10mm.
A10 dovetail template is the most popular template. Use thinner timber for delicate boxes and fine insert trays, through to thicker timbers for box carcasses, drawers, file trays, larger boxes etc. Timber range: 5mm to 13mm.
B10 dovetail template profile suits large scale projects. For example large drawers, blanket boxes and small furniture items. Timber range: 14mm to 22mm. For a variation on this template, see the information on the Jumbo jig in the specifications tab on the right.
F5 5mm finger joint template produces a decorative joint for small to medium pieces. It adds versatility to the look of boxes and insert trays. the template can also be used to make small wooden hinges. Timber range: 5mm to 13mm.
F15 15mm finger joint template cuts a straight joint for larger pieces of work such as blanket boxes, hive boxes and small furniture projects. Timber range: 14mm to 22mm.
For the specifications of each template see VIEW TEMPLATE SPECS at the top of the page.