DOVETAIL JOINT AND FINGER JOINT PACKAGE—PREMIUM PACK
The Premium dovetail and finger joint package offers you excellent value to enable you to expand your box making horizons.
Tailor your choice to suit the timber thicknesses that you like to work with, along with the ‘look’ that you want to achieve. To get started, choose four standard templates—from three dovetail templates, and two finger joint templates.
The Premium package contains:
- a standard jig body with stops
- four standard templates
- cutters to suit each template
- when you choose a finger joint template—accessories are included
- and finally, an instruction manual.
The productive area between stops on the jig is approximately 300mm. Click on the gallery to view a larger image of the templates. Also, for the specifications of each template, click on VIEW TEMPLATE SPECS.
Consider purchasing a purpose-built router table. It’s specially designed to give you—the box maker—a wide, clean and adaptable work surface. See the Gifkins table…click here.
Please note: postage will be added when we process your order.
Learn about the Gifkins Dovetail jig…
Gifkins Dovetail produces the only Australian-made jig for cutting through dovetail joints and finger joints. We make a beautifully designed tool that delivers precise joints every time. No fiddling! No measuring! No fuss!
Unlike most jigs—you don’t need special fittings for your router. The jig works brilliantly with most routers in any table, providing the table is flat. So, you supply dressed [DAR], sanded and squared timber, two clamps—and you’re ready to go!
Choose any four templates for your jig package:
- H10 template cuts a small dovetail joint. Use it for small-scale work like delicate boxes and insert trays. Timber thickness range: 2mm to 10mm.
- A10 dovetail template cuts a medium-sized dovetail joint. It’s our most popular template because it offers you—the box maker—a versatile timber thickness range: 5mm to 13mm. Use thinner timber for delicate boxes and fine insert trays. Use thicker timbers for large jewellery boxes, drawers, file trays, pantry and table wear. Think of the possibilities in the home and the workshop!
- B10 dovetail template profile suits large scale projects. Use this template for large drawers, blanket boxes and small furniture items and workshop boxes. Timber range: 14mm to 22mm.
- For a variation on templates A10 and B10, see the information on the Jumbo jig.
NOTE: Each dovetail template uses specifically designed dovetail and straight cutters.
- F5 5mm template cuts a small finger joint. It adds versatility to the look of boxes and insert trays. Timber range: 5mm to 13mm.
- F15 15mm finger joint template cuts a large straight joint. Use this template for blanket boxes, small furniture projects and boxes in the workshop. Timber range: 14mm to 22mm.
NOTE: F5 and F15 finger joint templates each use a specifically designed spiral cutter. The cutters are fitted with a colour-coded collar system to assist the fit of the joint. The F5 template also needs a 10mm spacer to facilitate cutting the small fingers.
Call us if you have questions about the Premium package, Col 0411-283-802, Pam 0400-589-539.