DOVETAIL JOINT OR FINGER JOINT—BOX MAKER’S STARTER PACK
Dovetail joint and finger joints should be part of every woodworker’s repertoire. Do you want to make boxes? Don’t know where to start? The box maker’s starter pack has everything you need to cut perfect joints and go on to make beautiful boxes!
Choose a dovetail joint template or a finger joint template.
The starter pack contains…
- Standard Solo jig package, which contains a jig body with one dovetail joint template or finger joint template of your choice, matching cutters, additional accessories as required [for finger joints] and a comprehensive instruction manual. [Retail $345]
- A pair of clamp holders, for safety and ease of operation. Designed to hold Bessey clamps on the jig at a safe distance above the cutter. [$12]
- One Bessey Kliklamp. Easy on! Easy off! It’s the only clamp we use with the Gifkins jig. [$47]
- Now turn a box carcase into a box! The Ultimate box maker’s cutter kit, contains five  cutters: a rebate cutter with big bearing, panel raiser, tenon cutter, slot cutters and a spiral cutter. [Retail $233; already discounted by $23, to $210]
- Finally, a demonstration DVD…dovetail or finger joint. Use the DVD along with the instruction manual for simple step-by-step instructions. From setting up a test joint—to using the advanced features—the DVD has all the information you need to get started. [$25]
The productive area between stops on the jig is approximately 300mm. See the specification tab for details of pin sizes and timber thicknesses. Also, click on the image in the gallery to view a larger image of the templates.
Please note: postage will be added when we process your order.
Learn about the Gifkins Dovetail jig…
Gifkins Dovetail produces the only Australian made jig for cutting through dovetail joints and finger joints. We make a beautifully designed tool that delivers precise joints every time. No fiddling! No measuring! No fuss!
Unlike most jigs—you don’t need special fittings for your router. The jig works brilliantly with most routers in any table, providing the table is flat. So, you supply dressed [DAR], sanded and squared timber, two clamps, and you’re ready to go!
Choose one template for your package:
- H10 template cuts a small dovetail joint. Use it for small-scale work like delicate boxes and insert trays. Timber thickness range: 2mm to 10mm.
- A10 dovetail template cuts a medium-sized dovetail joint. It’s our most popular template because it offers you —the box maker—a versatile timber thickness range: 5mm to 13mm. Use thinner timber for delicate boxes and fine insert trays. Use thicker timbers for large jewellery boxes, drawers, file trays, pantry and table wear. Think of the possibilities in the home and the workshop!
- B10 dovetail template profile suits large scale projects. Use this template for large drawers, blanket boxes and small furniture items and workshop boxes. Timber range: 14mm to 22mm.
- For a variation on the A10 and B10 templates, see the information on the Jumbo jig.
NOTE: Each dovetail template uses specifically designed dovetail and straight cutters.
- F5 5mm template cuts a small finger joint. It adds versatility to the look of boxes and insert trays. Timber range: 5mm to 13mm.
- F15 15mm finger joint template cuts a large straight joint. Use this template for blanket boxes, small furniture projects and boxes in the workshop. Timber range: 14mm to 22mm.
NOTE: F5 and F15 finger joint templates each use a specifically designed spiral cutter. The cutters are fitted with a colour-coded collar system to assist the fit of the joint. The F5 template also needs a 10mm spacer to facilitate cutting the small fingers.
For the specifications of each template see VIEW TEMPLATE SPECS
Don’t just take our word on how good our dovetail joint jigs are, read a review on our great dovetail jigs.
Call us any time if you need help choosing the right jig package for you. Col 0411-382-802, Pam 0400-589-539