STANDARD REPLACEMENT TEMPLATE
It’s easy for you to replace a damaged dovetail or finger joint template. Accidents can happen, but are easily remedied. Buy a standard replacement template!
To purchase a template, use the option tabs on the right…
- select a dovetail or finger joint template model [H10, A10 etc],
- select a new or old template type [H10, or H10 OLD etc]; see note below explaining the difference,
- select the quantity required. Then ‘add to cart’.
- Finally, repeat the process for each separate template model required.
For the specifications of each template see VIEW TEMPLATE SPECS.
Please note: postage will be added when we process your order.
Do you have a current model jig, or a jig made before March 2006?
- The current jig and templates, with two attaching points, commenced production after March 2006.
See gallery image
- The old model jig and templates, with five attaching points, were made before March 2006. See main image.
If you have a pre-March 2006 jig body and need more templates for it, please order an ‘old’ template.
Note: The old template has been merged with the current template—it’s now the ‘multi-fit’ [see main image]. It fits both the superseded jig body with five attaching points, and the current jig body with two attaching points.
Our five standard replacement templates are:
- H10 template cuts a small dovetail joint. Use it for small-scale work like delicate boxes and insert trays. Timber thickness range: 2mm to 10mm.
- A10 dovetail template cuts a medium-sized dovetail joint. It’s our most popular template because it offers you—the box maker—a versatile timber thickness range: 5mm to 13mm. Use thinner timber for delicate boxes and fine insert trays. Use thicker timbers for large jewellery boxes, drawers, file trays, pantry and table wear. Think of the possibilities in the home and the workshop!
- B10 dovetail template profile suits large scale projects. Use this template for large drawers, blanket boxes and small furniture items and workshop boxes. Timber range: 14mm to 22mm.
NOTE: Each dovetail template uses specifically designed dovetail and straight cutters.
- F5 5mm template cuts a small finger joint. It adds versatility to the look of boxes and insert trays. Timber range: 5mm to 13mm.
- F15 15mm finger joint template cuts a large straight joint. Use this template for blanket boxes, small furniture projects and boxes in the workshop. Timber range: 14mm to 22mm.
NOTE: F5 and F15 finger joint templates each use a specifically designed spiral cutter. The cutters are fitted with a colour-coded collar system to assist the fit of the joint. The F5 template also needs a 10mm spacer to facilitate cutting the small fingers.
Gifkins Dovetail jig…
Gifkins Dovetail produces the only Australian-made jig for cutting through dovetail joints and finger joints. We make a beautifully designed tool that delivers precise joints every time. No measuring! No fiddling! No fuss!
Unlike most jigs—you don’t need special fittings for your router. The jig works brilliantly with most routers in any table, providing the table is flat. So, you supply dressed [DAR], sanded and squared timber, two clamps—and you’re ready to go!
Call us if you have questions about buying a standard replacement template, Col 0411-283-802, Pam 0400-589-539.
We also have a great range of spare parts.