Special jewellery box book 3
Master the box in Special jewellery box book 3, and you’ll have the skills to take on other styles of boxes.
The Special jewellery box book 3 shows you how to make a large dovetailed box with a mitered ‘frame-and-panel’ lid. The book contains a cutting list, photos, and descriptions and diagrams of specific box making techniques.
The plan book shows you how to…
- make a dovetailed carcass with an expanded joint for the lid
- cut a lid from the box frame
- install concealed barrel hinges
- make internal wall linings to the lid and the tray
- make a lift-out tray with shaped handles
- make a mitered ‘frame-and-panel’ lid, and
- finally, sand and finish the completed box.
While the project has a cutting list and dimensions for a large jewellery box, the measurements can be scaled up, or down, to suit your requirements.
The appendix covers timber selection and preparation, fence ideas for the router table, fitting hinges and much more.
Book 3 complements Special jewellery box DVD 3. The DVD, like the book, follows a chapter format to present a visual overview, to show you how to set up the jig through to completing the box.
DVD 3 shows you how to make the special jewellery box, from Book 3. This project is packed with the techniques you need to make a large box with a tray and a ‘frame and panel’ lid. Master this box and you have the skills to take on other styles of boxes. DVD length 142 minutes, DVD-R format.
Please note: postage will be added when we process your order.