We use and recommend the Triton® TRA001B, 2400 watt, 3.25 hp router. In fact, our box maker’s router table is designed to take only the Triton router.
The combination of the Gifkins router table [sold separately] and the Triton router is the ultimate pairing for the most enjoyable box making experience.
- Important: The router comes with two separate, screw-in collets, for 1/4″ and 1/2″ cutters.
- Don’t turn on the router without a cutter in the collet. If you do, the empty collet will become locked in the chuck. Not good!
The features of the Triton router…
- It’s quicker and easier to use than most other under-table-mounted routers, and
- has a micro-adjustment feature for fine box making.
- The Triton® TRA001 B has several speeds; the high speed is ideal for box making.
- It comes with two separate, screw-in collets, for 1/4″ and 1/2″ cutters.
- When the router chuck is raised above the table the router automatically locks.
- The chuck has a one-spanner operation which makes for quick and easy cutter changes.
- More importantly, the router has several shut-off features to ensure your safety.
- The Triton router is suitable for all cutters up to 32mm diameter, and larger diameter ‘above table’ cutters [for example slot cutters].
Please note: postage will be added when we process your order.
Enhance your box making enjoyment with a purpose-built Gifkins router table for box making and small joinery projects! You’ll enjoy working on the large, clean work surface so much you’ll go looking for more projects to make on the table.