DOVETAIL AND FINGER JOINT WOODWORKING JIG—DELUXE PACK
The Deluxe woodworking jig package is a great starting point for you to experience two custom-made box making templates. So, choose two templates that best suit your projects.
The Deluxe woodworking jig package contains:
- a standard jig body with stops
- two standard templates
- cutters to suit each template
- when you choose a finger joint template—accessories are included
- and finally, an instruction manual.
For fine box making, we suggest you buy…
- The A10 template—our most popular template because of the versatile timber thickness range [5m—13mm]. The thinner end of the range is ideal for smaller boxes. Use thicker material to make carcases for larger dovetailed boxes.
- The H10 template—companion template the A10, is for your small-scale work [2mm to 10mm]. Great for you to make small, fine boxes; also dainty inset trays within a larger A10 box.
- See below for more template options.
The productive area between stops on the jig is approximately 300mm. Click on the gallery to view a larger image of the templates. Also, for the specifications of each template, click on VIEW TEMPLATE SPECS.
Safety and ease of operation…
Add value to your box making experience! For safety and ease of operation, we recommend you purchase clamp holders and two Bessey Kliklamps for your Gifkins woodworking jig. The clamps are designed to house the Bessey clamp at a safe distance above the cutter; the clamps are easy to put on and take off.
See the clamp holders and Bessey clamp…click here.
Please note: postage will be added when we process your order.
Learn more about the Gifkins Dovetail jig…
Gifkins Dovetail produces the only Australian-made jig for cutting through dovetail joints and finger joints. We make a beautifully designed tool that delivers precise joints every time. No fiddling! No measuring! No fuss!
Unlike most jigs—you don’t need special fittings for your router. The jig works brilliantly with most routers in any table, providing the table is flat. So, you supply dressed [DAR], sanded and squared timber, two clamps—and you’re ready to go!
Choose any two templates for your package:
- H10 template cuts a small dovetail joint. Use it for small-scale work like delicate boxes and insert trays. Timber thickness range: 2mm to 10mm.
- A10 dovetail template cuts a medium-sized dovetail joint. It’s our most popular template because it offers you—the box maker—a versatile timber thickness range: 5mm to 13mm. Use thinner timber for delicate boxes and fine insert trays. Use thicker timbers for large jewellery boxes, drawers, file trays, pantry and table wear. Think of the possibilities in the home and the workshop!
- B10 dovetail template profile suits large scale projects. Use this template for large drawers, blanket boxes and small furniture items and workshop boxes. Timber range: 14mm to 22mm.
- For a variation on templates A10 and B10, see the information on the Jumbo jig.
NOTE: Each dovetail template uses specifically designed dovetail and straight cutters.
- F5 5mm template cuts a small finger joint. It adds versatility to the look of boxes and insert trays. Timber range: 5mm to 13mm.
- F15 15mm finger joint template cuts a large straight joint. Use this template for blanket boxes, small furniture projects and boxes in the workshop. Timber range: 14mm to 22mm.
NOTE: F5 and F15 finger joint templates each use a specifically designed spiral cutter. The cutters are fitted with a colour-coded collar system to assist the fit of the joint. The F5 template also needs a 10mm spacer to facilitate cutting the small fingers.
Call us if you have questions about the Deluxe package, Col 0411-283-802, Pam 0400-589-539.