Dovetail jig—SOLO BEGINNER PACK
The dovetail jig SOLO BEGINNER PACK is our hero piece—designed to introduce you to the easiest jig on the market today!
To get you started in fine box making, we suggest you buy…
The A10 template—it’s our most popular dovetail template because of the versatile timber thickness range [5mm—13mm]. The thinner end of the range is ideal for smaller boxes. Use thicker material to make carcasses for larger dovetailed boxes. Think of the possibilities in the home and the workshop!
The dovetail jig SOLO BEGINNER PACK contains:
- a standard jig body with stops
- one A10 standard template [see below for options]
- cutters to suit your template
- and finally, an instruction manual.
Would you like to call for more information on the SOLO BEGINNER PACK or place a phone order? Call us anytime…Col 0411-283-802, or Pam 0400-589-539.
Please note: postage will be added when we process your order.
Standard templates available for your jig:
The productive area between stops on the jig is approximately 300mm. See the gallery to view a larger image of the templates. Also, for the specifications of each template, VIEW TEMPLATE SPECS.
- H10 template cuts a small dovetail joint. Use it for small-scale work like delicate boxes and insert trays. Timber thickness range: 2mm to 10mm.
- A10 dovetail template cuts a medium-sized dovetail joint. It’s our most popular template because it offers you—the box maker—a versatile timber thickness range: 5mm to 13mm. Use thinner timber for delicate boxes and fine insert trays. Use thicker timbers for large jewellery boxes, drawers, file trays, pantry and table wear.
- B10 dovetail template profile suits large scale projects. Use this template for large drawers, blanket boxes and small furniture items and workshop boxes. Timber range: 14mm to 22mm.
- Each dovetail template needs specifically designed dovetail and straight cutters.
- F5 5mm template cuts a small finger joint. It adds versatility to the look of boxes and insert trays. Template accessories included. Timber range: 5mm to 13mm.
- F15 15mm finger joint template cuts a large straight joint. Use this template for blanket boxes, small furniture projects and boxes in the workshop. Template accessory included. Timber range: 14mm to 22mm.
- Each finger joint template has a specifically designed spiral cutter. The cutters are fitted with a colour-coded collar system to assist the fit of the joint.
Safety and ease of operation…
Add value to your box making experience! For safety and ease of operation, we recommend you add clamp holders and two Bessey Kliklamps to your SOLO BEGINNER PACK. The clamps are designed to house the Bessey clamp at a safe distance above the cutter; the clamps are easy to put on and take off!
Click here to see the clamp holders and Bessey clamp.
Learn more about the Gifkins Dovetail jig…
Gifkins Dovetail produces the only Australian-made jig for cutting through dovetail joints and finger joints. We make a beautifully designed tool that delivers precise joints every time. No measuring! No fiddling! No fuss!
Unlike most jigs—you don’t need special fittings for your router. The jig works brilliantly with most routers in any table, providing the table is flat. So, you supply dressed [DAR], sanded and squared timber, two clamps—and you’re ready to go!