Finger joint and dovetail joint templates—Masters pack
This is the finger joint and dovetail joint package we recommend you buy for more template options.
The Masters package contains:
- a standard jig body with stops
- three standard templates
- cutters to suit each template
- when you choose a finger joint template—accessories are included
- and finally, an instruction manual.
The productive area between stops on the jig is approximately 300mm. Click on the gallery to view a larger image of the templates. Also, for the specifications of each template, click on VIEW TEMPLATE SPECS.
To turn a carcase into a box—we recommend you purchase an Ultimate cutter kit. It’s specially designed to help you—the box maker—get down to the business of box making! See the Ultimate cutter kit…click here.
Please note: postage will be added when we process your order.
Learn more about the Gifkins Dovetail jig…
Gifkins Dovetail produces the only Australian-made jig for cutting through dovetail joints and finger joints. We make a beautifully designed tool that delivers precise joints every time. No fiddling! No measuring! No fuss!
Unlike most jigs—you don’t need special fittings for your router. The jig works brilliantly with most routers in any table, providing the table is flat. So, you supply dressed [DAR], sanded and squared timber, two clamps—and you’re ready to go!
Choose any three templates for your package:
- H10 template cuts a small dovetail joint. Use it for small-scale work like delicate boxes and insert trays. Timber thickness range: 2mm to 10mm.
- A10 dovetail template cuts a medium-sized dovetail joint. It’s our most popular template because it offers you—the box maker—a versatile timber thickness range: 5mm to 13mm. Use thinner timber for delicate boxes and fine insert trays. Use thicker timbers for large jewellery boxes, drawers, file trays, pantry and table wear. Think of the possibilities in the home and the workshop!
- B10 dovetail template profile suits large scale projects. Use this template for large drawers, blanket boxes and small furniture items and workshop boxes. Timber range: 14mm to 22mm.
- For a variation on templates A10 and B10, see the information on the Jumbo jig.
NOTE: Each dovetail template uses specifically designed dovetail and straight cutters.
- F5 5mm template cuts a small finger joint. It adds versatility to the look of boxes and insert trays. Timber range: 5mm to 13mm.
- F15 15mm finger joint template cuts a large straight joint. Use this template for blanket boxes, small furniture projects and boxes in the workshop. Timber range: 14mm to 22mm.
NOTE: F5 and F15 finger joint templates each use a specifically designed spiral cutter. The cutters are fitted with a colour-coded collar system to assist the fit of the joint. The F5 template also needs a 10mm spacer to facilitate cutting the small fingers.
Call us if you have questions about the Masters package, Col 0411-283-802, Pam 0400-589-539.