STANDARD TEMPLATE UPGRADES $205 [save $3]
You can expand the versatility of your Gifkins jig by purchasing additional template upgrades. Each upgrade contains the template of your choice, with matching cutter/s and a fresh pair of backing boards.
For the specifications of each template see VIEW TEMPLATE SPECS.
Select a template model and quantity using the options on the right. Then ‘add to cart’. Repeat the process for each template type.
Please note: postage will be added to purchases when we process your order.
DO YOU HAVE A CURRENT MODEL JIG, OR ONE MADE BEFORE 2006?
- The current model template has two attaching points [made after March 2006]. See gallery image
- An old model template has five attaching points [made before March 2006]. See main image. [**See note below]
Choose from five templates across three timber thicknesses:
- H10, a small dovetail template that cuts a delicate dovetail joint, using timbers 2mm to 10mm.
- A10, a medium sized dovetail template, and F5, a medium sized finger joint template, that use timber from 5mm to 13mm.
- B10, a large dovetail template, and F15, a large finger joint template, that both use timber from 14mm to 22mm.
- Each template comes with the appropriate cutter/s. The F5 and F15 packages also come with additional accessories to create finger joints.
H10 dovetail template is suitable for small scale work, delicate boxes, insert trays. It suits timber from 2mm to 10mm.
A10 dovetail template is the most popular template. Use thinner timber for delicate boxes and fine insert trays, through to thicker timbers for box carcasses, drawers, file trays, larger boxes etc. Timber range: 5mm to 13mm.
B10 dovetail template profile suits large scale projects. For example large drawers, blanket boxes and small furniture items. Timber range: 14mm to 22mm. For a variation on this template, see the information on the Jumbo jig in the specifications tab on the right.
F5 5mm finger joint template produces a decorative joint for small to medium pieces. It adds versatility to the look of boxes and insert trays. the template can also be used to make small wooden hinges. Timber range: 5mm to 13mm.
F15 15mm finger joint template cuts a straight joint for larger pieces of work such as blanket boxes, hive boxes and small furniture projects. Timber range: 14mm to 22mm.
** If you have an old template on your jig body it will not look like the main image, which shows the ‘multi-fit’ template. The multi-fit template fits the superseded jig body with five attaching points, and the current jig body with two attaching points.