Dovetail joint BOX MAKERS STARTER PACK
Do you want to make boxes? Don’t know where to start? The Dovetail joint box makers starter pack has everything you need to cut perfect joints and go on to make beautiful boxes!
The Dovetail joint box makers starter pack contains…
- Standard Solo jig pack, which contains a jig body with one dovetail joint template finger joint template of your choice, matching cutters, and accessories as required [for finger joints], and a comprehensive instruction manual. [Retail $355]
To get you started in fine box making, we suggest you buy the A10 template—it’s our most popular dovetail template because of the versatile timber thickness range [5mm—13mm]. The thinner end of the range is ideal for smaller boxes. Use thicker material to make carcasses for larger dovetailed boxes. Think of the possibilities in the home and the workshop!
- A pair of clamp holders, for safety and ease of operation. Designed to hold Bessey clamps on the jig at a safe distance above the cutter. [$20]
- One Bessey Kliklamp. Easy on! Easy off! It’s the only clamp we use with the Gifkins jig. [$49]
- Now turn a carcass into a box! The Ultimate box maker’s cutter kit, contains five  cutters: a rebate cutter with big bearing, panel raiser, tenon cutter, slot cutters and a spiral cutter. [Retail $249; already discounted by $24, to $225]
- Finally, demonstration video…dovetail or finger joint. Use the video along with the instruction manual for simple step-by-step instructions. From setting up a test joint—to using the advanced features—it has all the information you need to get started. USB flash drive. [$20]
Please note: postage will be added when we process your order.
Would you like to call for more information on the Dovetail joint BOX MAKERS STARTER PACK or place a phone order? Call us anytime…Col 0411-283-802.
Don’t just take our word on how good our dovetail joint jigs are, read a review on our great dovetail jigs.
Standard templates available for your jig:
The productive area between stops on the jig is approximately 300mm. See the gallery to view a larger image of the templates. For the specifications of each template open the red tab on the right.
- H10 template cuts a small dovetail joint. Use it for small-scale work like delicate boxes and insert trays. Timber thickness range: 2mm to 10mm.
- H20 template cuts the same sized dovetail joint as the H10 template. The significant difference is a greater distance between pins. H20 is the template adapted for the Butterfly keys packages, as a STANDARD template and a MINI template. The H10 cutters are used with this template. Timber thickness range: 2mm to 10mm.
- A10 dovetail template cuts a medium-sized dovetail joint. It’s our most popular template because it offers you—the box maker—a versatile timber thickness range: 5mm to 13mm. Use thinner timber for delicate boxes and fine insert trays. Use thicker timbers for large jewellery boxes, drawers, file trays, pantry and table wear.
- B10 dovetail template profile suits large scale projects. Use this template for large drawers, blanket boxes and small furniture items and workshop boxes. Timber range: 14mm to 22mm.
- Each dovetail template needs specifically designed dovetail and straight cutters.
- F15 15mm finger joint template cuts a large straight joint. Use this template for blanket boxes, small furniture projects and boxes in the workshop. Template accessory included. Timber range: 14mm to 22mm.
- The template has a specifically designed spiral cutter. The cutter is fitted with a colour-coded collar system to assist the fit of the joint.
Safety and ease of operation…
We recommend you add an extra clamp to your Dovetail joint BOX MAKERS STARTER PACK. The clamps are designed to house the Bessey clamp at a safe distance above the cutter.
Easy on! Easy off!
Click here to see the clamp holders and Bessey clamp.
Learn more about the Gifkins Dovetail jig…
Gifkins Dovetail produces the only Australian-made jig for cutting through dovetail joints and finger joints. We make a beautifully designed tool that delivers precise joints every time.
No measuring! No fiddling! No fuss!
Unlike most jigs—you don’t need special fittings for your router. The jig works brilliantly with most routers in any table, providing the table is flat. So, you supply dressed [DAR], sanded and squared timber, two clamps—and you’re ready to go!