Dovetail joint—TEMPLATE UPGRADE
Purchase a standard dovetail joint or finger joint template upgrade to expand the versatility of your Gifkins Dovetail jig.
Each template upgrade contains:
 one template of your choice, and
 matching cutter/s.
The H10, H20, A10, B10 dovetail templates have pair of custom cutters [1x dovetail cutter and 1x straight cutter]. The F15 finger joint template has one custom spiral cutter.
 A pair of backing boards, and
 if you choose the F15 template: a set of multi-coloured adjusting sleeves.
Please note: postage will be added when we process your order.
To purchase a template upgrade…
 select your template type,
 select the quantity required. Add it to the cart.
 Repeat the process for another template type. Done!
NOTE: Your new template is a ‘multi-fit’; it fits both the superseded jig body [five attaching points], and the current jig body [two attaching points].
About the templates:
- H10 template cuts a small dovetail joint. Use it for small-scale work like delicate boxes and insert trays. Timber thickness range: 2mm to 10mm.
- H20 template cuts the same sized dovetail joint as the H10 template. The significant difference is a greater distance between pins. H20 is the template adapted for the Butterfly keys packages, as a STANDARD template and a MINI template. The H10 cutters are used with this template. Timber thickness range: 2mm to 10mm.
- A10 dovetail template cuts a medium-sized dovetail joint. It’s our most popular template because it offers you—the box maker—a versatile timber thickness range: 5mm to 13mm. Use thinner timber for delicate boxes and fine insert trays. Use thicker timbers for large jewellery boxes, drawers, file trays, pantry and table wear. Think of the possibilities in the home and the workshop!
- B10 dovetail template profile suits large scale projects. Use this template for large drawers, blanket boxes and small furniture items. Timber range: 14mm to 22mm.
NOTE: Each dovetail template uses specifically designed dovetail and straight cutters.
- F15 15mm finger joint template cuts a large straight joint. Use this template for blanket boxes, small furniture projects and boxes in the workshop. Timber range: 14mm to 22mm. The template upgrade contains s set of adjusting sleeves for the spiral cutter.
It has a specifically designed spiral cutter, fitted with a colour-coded collar system to assist the fit of the joint.
For the specifications, go to TEMPLATE SPECS.
About the Gifkins Dovetail jig…
Gifkins Dovetail produces the only Australian-made jig for cutting through dovetail joints and finger joints. We make a beautifully designed tool that delivers precise joints every time.
No fiddling! No measuring! No fuss!
Unlike most jigs—you don’t need special fittings for your router. The jig works brilliantly with most routers in any table, providing the table is flat. So, you supply dressed [DAR], sanded and squared timber, two clamps—and you’re ready to go!
Call us if you have questions about buying a template upgrade package, Col 0411-283-802.